Lady of Mann(2)
Built 1976 at Ailsa Shipyard, Troon, Scotland.
Lady of Mann(2) was the second diesel car ferry owned by the Steam Packet. She was similar in design to her earlier 1972-built sister ship, Mona's Queen(5)( to see more of Mona's Queen(5), click here).
She was launched on 4th December 1975 at Ailsa Shipyard, Troon in Scotland. Her maiden voyage
took place on 30th June 1976 with a sailing from Douglas to Liverpool. At this time she could carry 1600 passengers and 90 cars. In early 1989 she had an extensive rebuild and her old style decks were
replaced by open plan lounges as well as converting her lower
deck into a second car deck. Her passenger certificate was reduced to 1000 but she could now carry up to 130 cars. She is the last link with the old Isle of Man Steam Packet Company.
Here is a selection of photographs of the Lady of Mann taken throughout her career
Click on the thumbnails to see full size images.
All graphics © Dave Worth.